Eight Inches Unbuffed

A VZ/TZ Guild.

Do I belong here?

Faunus

Do I belong here?

Post by Faunus on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm

I have been offline for a few days due to family issues and just logged in yesterday to find that Treason is no more, and evidently I didn't make the cut for the new guild. So, I'm trying to figure out my status with Eight Inches Unbuffed. I have been a Treason app for about two weeks. In that time I have attended several raids in Kedge, Hate, and Fear. The only times I could be considered late to assemble were when I had to port other members (including officers) who asked me to come get them. I don't believe I've ever done anything that would qualify as stupid. I have grouped with Ares and Croup and others to help camp stuff in Guk and SolB. I have helped guildies with pvp more times than I can count. I may not be the most uber druid to ever grace the server with my presence but I like to think I've done a decent job and been a solid teammate.

All that being said, I feel I deserve to be included in the new guild. If anyone has reasons to the contrary I'd welcome you to state them. If you need me to post a new app on this forum I will do it, but I don't see the point considering my Treason app is still available and hasn't changed except for the character levels, and the officers must have already reviewed it before I was accepted into Treason.

Thanks for reading.

Takyn

Re: Do I belong here?

Post by Takyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Faunus, you are indeed a good player.. When you are on. The only problem i think myself and the other officers have is that you are not online enough. I understand that people have lives and things to do but it seem you go missing in action every 3 days or so for about 3 days or so. I know you are a team player and have, when online, showed up to every raid attendable. I was very impressed by that and I would have no problem allowing you to app to this guild if you could be on. Prove to me that you are willing to do the work to get in and it's done. This guild isn't a treason guild and we are going to be more hardcore in the PVP aspect of the game as well as being very strict on our apps ( which we won't have many at a time) and our members.. a few fuck ups and it's done... your out..

Faunus

Post by Faunus on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Takyn. Allow me to explain a bit. My wife's father had a stroke several weeks ago around the same time I started playing on this server. She has quit her job and is essentially living with her family (2 hours away from me) to help him recover and to keep her family together. Thus, my schedule has been to work during the week and play EQ at nights, then go out of town to stay with my wife and her family on weekends. This particular week my wife is back in town and I have been spending my evenings with her. I never told anyone in the guild about this because I didn't realize it was an issue. When our situation stabilizes I will most likely be playing less on weeknights and more on weekends. Also if I know about a raid ahead of time which is outside my normal play schedule I can make an exception. At no point in my future do I see myself playing 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If this is not enough, then so be it. I would only ask why you wouldn't prefer to have a decent player who plays half the time over not having that player at all... The only answer I can think of is loot, but it seems there are easy enough ways to address that issue.

Apollo

Post by Apollo on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 pm

This is a subject I think most would disagree with me on. If we have a solid player that is part time, in no way shape or form is he hurting the guild. A lot of sick pvpers in Heresy are part time. They play once a week but that one day they log in the can do some damage. But this straying away from the topic. Id be in to give you a shot at reapping. During the last 2-3weeks we had such an influx of apps and new members I honestly dont remember 90% of who is who and what class and all that. With what we are doing now we are really trying to get to know the members we are accepting, making sure its gonna be a solid fit for the guild. I know reapping might feel like a step back, but this is a completely differnt guild now. Lookin forward to seeing you in game.

Faunus

Post by Faunus on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 pm

I don't mind re-apping, I just wanted to make sure I had an honest chance of becoming a member before I went to the trouble. Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm